BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 5, 2009

Kid Genius

Hello again.

So, I was reading some news while checking my email, and guess what article I fell upon...



11 Year Old from LA College
Pre-teen could probably beat you up too.

Moshe Kai Cavalin, 11, graduates with honors from East Los Angeles Community College this week, but just don't call him a genius.

"I consider myself a regular kid who works hard and does his best," says this only child of a Taiwanese mother and an Israeli father.

When Cavalin started college at the age of 8, he may have been the youngest person in class, but he ended up tutoring some of his 19- and 20-year-old classmates in math and science.

Astrophysics is his passion. Albert Einstein and Bruce Lee are among his idols.

Yet like a twist out of a Hollywood action flick, Cavalin combines his exceptional smarts with fearsome martial arts abilities: The preteen has won numerous national martial arts championships.

Up next for the tireless boy wonder: In the next take six months to a year he plans to devote himself to martial arts, write a book for kids on how to succeed in school, and take up scuba diving.

Not on the agenda: playing video games.

"I feel it's a waste of time playing video games because it's not helping humanity in any way," says the 11-year-old, who wants to use his knowledge to change the world.

Pretty interesting if you ask me. He is against video games. And he's an 11 year old boy. How crazy is that! I know lots of 11 year olds that love video games and stuff like that. But that's just who this boy is I guess. My boyfriend was jokingly saying that it's "another Asian boy". He said that because there's always lots of Asian people who get in the news about being smart or being really awesome at sports/martial arts or being the tallest women in the world, etc. They're pretty well known. I wonder it's always them huh? I'm not racist or anything. It's just pretty much true that they're in the news about tons of awesome things. The tallest women in the world though wasn't such an awesome thing. She had a tumor that made her tall and it was growing in her brain and could have killed her if she had no treatment to it. But hey. She was still the tallest women in the world.

That's the end of my ramble for the day. There may be more. (;

-niki-

(my source):

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/11-Year-Old-Graduates-From-LA-College.html

0 lovely judements: